yj 5.3 nv4500 help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > yj 5.3 nv4500 help

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-06-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
Henggeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

yj 5.3 nv4500 help

I put a 2000 5.3 and gm early style 93-95 nv4500 in my 89 yj, using new stock jeep mc and a slave for 93 Chevy pickup, I bled the clutch n drove it, shifted alil rough but worked, just figured I needed to bleed more, 2 days later I went to move it, and had no clutch pressure, tried bleeding it in multiple ways even power bleeding, replaced everything mc sc and line, still no pressure, fluid just moves up in the reservoir when you depress the pedal. I'm outta ideas what to do now

Henggeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
southerntidefan

Did you get your wiring done? I'm having a hard time figuring out the yj side of it
southerntidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Henggeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Like for what? You shouldn't have to change anything on the yj side really
Unread 07-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
southerntidefan

I think I got it figured out. All the wires coming out of the yj pcm were throwing me for a loop. I had a whole bunch of key on 12 v wires and only need a few. Cutting the pcm out now. Just for anyone else that wants to know you can delete all wires coming from yj pcm. Looks cleaner and safer with less wires to possibly short. There are two diagnostic ports next to the battery support that can be deleted they mostly run to the pcm
Unread 07-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
southerntidefan

As far as the master and slave problem you are having I wish I could help more but I don't have mine running yet. I would drop slave from clutch and see if it strokes. Could be throwout bearing fork
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:06 AM   #6
Henggeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Oh I got the clutch, it was the master cylinder again, 2 brand new masters were junk, used a speedway one I had sitting around, worked immediately

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.