YJ 4.2 rebuild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > YJ 4.2 rebuild

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Tparrish

YJ 4.2 rebuild

Have an 87 yj and would like to find a rebuilt Where is the best place to find a motor I'm in KY

Tparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

ATK remanufactured engines are good and you can get them from Quadratech.com. You can also get a good rebuild kit from ebay and have a machine shop put it together for you. When I had my 87 4.2 rebuilt, I had a few goodies installed. I installed a holley 470 4 barrel, offy intake, comp cam, rollor rockers, ported head, hipo pistons, header, ported head, HEI and MSD. It will run circles a round a 4.0, it screams with well over 200 hp. A lot of people swap in a 4.0 in place of thier 4.2. With a few old school parts, it will produce more power than a 4.0 and there's no computer or sensors to mess with. The 4.0 is an awesome engine, but I wouldn't trade 1 well built 258 for 2 4.0's and the lowend torque of the 258 is off the hook. It reaches peak torque at 1,800 rpm's, awesome for crawling a round off road.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.