XJ trans leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > XJ trans leak

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 06-26-2013, 03:41 AM   #1
dmacs500

XJ trans leak

Hi everyone, Im new to this forum as i have only recently purchased my first jeep. Its a 96 jeep Cherokee classic, don't know the full details yet but the suspension has definitely been played with as its lifted pretty well and it has bighorns. First i want to say i cant believe how good these things are off road, i f'n love it already.

Now, i have a bad trans leak. it doesn't leak when not running and not really at start up but gets worse to the point where when i stop and look under its a constant drip. took her for a good play the other day and used it took a litre to top back up.

Reading a few threads i thought it was the torque converter seal, but also the front pump seal sounds more like it (people saying it gets worse as warms up etc) so i want to fix this next days off and hoping for some help.

i got the converter seal side of it sorted through this site, but what am i looking for with the front pump seal. and should i do both at the same time to be sure?

any help be much appreciated cheers

dmacs500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.