would like your two cents I order this transmission cooling system - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > would like your two cents I order this transmission cooling system

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-21-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
TrevorNelson
2005 LJ Wrangler 

EDIT: gee... The title of this post sure does grammar well...

I realize there are 9000+ posts about this but I have a 2005 auto LJ Rubicon and I am looking to due some preventive maintenance and install a separate cooling system for my transmission before it craps out

I would like your opinion on this system.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/de...825whxh7_D_BwE

Have you tried it? Heard anything about it? And last but not least do you know of a better system?
Thanks in advance!

TrevorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #2
ravenworks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Jerry did a really good write up on that cooler.
I have it and it is great.
Unread 06-21-2014, 05:45 AM   #3
mopartech

Any type of transmission cooling system upgrade is money well spent, consider that most of us jeepers are not driving at high speeds to allow the ambient air to cool the trans effectively. When we are crawling under high stress low speed conditions the torque converter is" shearing" a lot of fluid to maintain momentum and this is where most of the heat is developed, remember this...if the vehicle is not moving and you are torquing the engine/trans you are stalling the torque converter and superheating the fluid...the add on fan that comes with this kit is brilliant and will be worth its weight in gold on the trail!
mopartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Even a simple one (without fan) makes a big difference in temperature. That should be even better in crawling situations

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.