Wobbly Wheel - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Wobbly Wheel

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 03-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #16
seattle_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds awesome. I remember when I first installed a Detroit, it is a game changer. well well well worth the money and effort.

seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #17
Weetay1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle_yj View Post
Sounds awesome. I remember when I first installed a Detroit, it is a game changer. well well well worth the money and effort.
I'm thinking it might almost be worth buying a dana 44 upgrade.... complete gear change, locker, cromolly axle and disc brakes. What kind of mods would that take?
Weetay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #18
seattle_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weetay1

I'm thinking it might almost be worth buying a dana 44 upgrade.... complete gear change, locker, cromolly axle and disc brakes. What kind of mods would that take?
I think you can get the whole deal for 2800. I know 4wheelparts has them on their site. There kits should bolt right up with no nonsense.
seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #19
Weetay1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know the Difference on a 27 spline to a 30 spline? Is there a mod go to 30?
Weetay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:10 AM   #20
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weetay1 View Post
Does anyone know the Difference on a 27 spline to a 30 spline? Is there a mod go to 30?
The stock carrier must be replaced with either a 30 spline carrier or a 40 spline full case locker. Of course the shafts must also be replaced.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.