who makes the best spark plug? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > who makes the best spark plug?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #46
Matty173rd
2005 TJ Wrangler 

e3 spark plugs are terrible! Less than 100 miles with them and I had a #3 cylinder misfire! Changed the plugs out and no more problems! As for the PULSAR spark plugs....I ran those in an 94 Honda prelude with an upgraded ignition system and coil and the engine seized due to the timing getting screwed up because the plugs don't immediately fire because the "capacitor" stores the energy to give a bigger spark thus throwing off the timing. They are designed for high performance engines not a rugged old work horse like the 4.0

Matty173rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #47
r12b12
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have 2 XJ's, a 1995 and 2001. I get great MPG using them and can feel the difference. Also I have them in my Harleys. No doubt you can get a Bad e3 Plug in a heartbeat. With everything being made in China and they do their best to save money for their pockets and cut quality. My friends have experienced this issue with Champion and others. The first set I put into my 1995 XJ I got a bad one in CYL #1. I drove the Jeep to O'Reilly's Auto-Parts and got a brand new set, no questions ask. They have 100,000 mile warranty. On my Harleys I found the Tips coming loose like a lot of other Harley Riders have had happen and I called e3 about it. They ask if I would send them the Plugs so they can research this issue. I told them, I have Red Loctite the tips, they are now fine. The only thing I can figure out is the High Performance Harley Coils Fries the compound holding the tip on, to much current.

The 1995 XJ after 50,000 miles on the second set and the 2001 XJ after 30,000 miles no problems.
r12b12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #48
Matty173rd
2005 TJ Wrangler 

these plugs were from my jeep. All 6 of them were almost fouled and the #3 was completely fouled out. My engine only has 76,000 miles doesn't burn oil and didn't start running rough until I started using them. They definitely don't run well for off roading. I threw a set of NKG Iridiums in and the thing runs like the day it was made. e3s may be good in other vehicles (in particular newer vehicles) but in old tec 4.0s they either hinder or create a placebo effect. In either case your wasting money. If you don't believe me about 98% of the people on this forum agree with me.
image.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Matty173rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #49
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

I was using Champion Truck Platinums and I thought the KJ was running fine... then I replaced with NGK's and it's definitely got more pep.

I might try the Champion coppers for my next plug change (at 100k)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.