Where is the Crankshaft Position Sensor??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Where is the Crankshaft Position Sensor???

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 11-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
ScottN3N

Where is the Crankshaft Position Sensor???

I have been unable to find the crankshaft position sensor on my 94 Grand Cherokee 5.2L. It is supposed to be on the top right side of the bell housing - according to the manual. It is almost impossible to access this area - even visually. I have an idea what it is supposed to look like according to pictures, but no luck finding it. I felt a wire that goes into a rubber grommet, but no bolts or screws around it & nothing that feels like the sensor (the wire just goes into the grommet). Any ideas on how to get to it & change it out, please? Does this involve lowering the engine? Thank you.

ScottN3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Silver yj

1) Disconnect battery ground cable.
2) Remove spark plug cable loom at right rear valve cover.
3) Disconnect 2 hoses at EGR valve. Note position of hoses before dissconnecting.
4) Disconnect electrical connector and hoses at EGR transducer. ( Note hose position )
5) Remove 2 EGR valve bolts and remove valve.
6) Disconnect connector at oil pressure sending unit
7) Remove oil sending unit.
8) Loosen EGR tube mounting nut at intake manifold. Remove EGR tube mounting bolts at the exhaust manifold and remove EGR tube.
9) Disconnect crankshaft position sensor electrical connector.
10) Remove crankshaft sensor bolts and sensor.
Silver yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
ScottN3N

Got it. Thanks. I need another joint between my wrist & my elbow. It fixed my problem. Now on to the brake problem.
ScottN3N is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.