When the Engine Meets a lot of Water - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > When the Engine Meets a lot of Water

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-26-2005, 02:10 PM   #1
Jerry All-Bran

When the Engine Meets a lot of Water

Is it bad for the engine or radiator to be engulfed in water when passing through a stream that covers the clutch and brake pedals? Where would you have to specifically clean to get the guck that get's stuck. Why would you need a snorkal? (I understand that the engine needs to breath so it keeps turning but not sure where or why or how). Just that spring is going to be here soon and I wanted to test out my jeep

Jerry All-Bran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

should be fine, just as long as your intake doesnt go under, if you get a snorkel, which raises your intake to over your hood. after going through deep water, clean out your diff, change oil, tranny fluid, and x case
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
Jerry All-Bran

Makes sense I guess...how long do i have after I hit highwater to clean all that stuff?
Unread 01-26-2005, 05:31 PM   #4
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i usually do it when i get home or my next chance.
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 05:45 PM   #5
Jerry All-Bran

Guess there's more research headed my way heh. Still trying to orient myself with engines and the like ever since I got my jeep. Thanks for your patience!
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #6
94YJ H.O.

Yeah, water is non-compressable....trying letting your engine down a few gulps of it and see all the fun twisty shapes your connecting rods make

My NEW [url="http://www.rigrater.com"]RigRater[/url] Score: 406RRv1.0 with a BOA of 31.60
94YJ H.O. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2005, 09:13 AM   #7
Jerry All-Bran

Maybe I'll do that, that way I'll have an excuse to buy 6cyl Although I like my 4cyl, won't sink in mud as much as a 6 Those few extra kilos count! heh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.