When the Engine Meets a lot of Water - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > When the Engine Meets a lot of Water

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-26-2005, 02:10 PM   #1
Jerry All-Bran

When the Engine Meets a lot of Water

Is it bad for the engine or radiator to be engulfed in water when passing through a stream that covers the clutch and brake pedals? Where would you have to specifically clean to get the guck that get's stuck. Why would you need a snorkal? (I understand that the engine needs to breath so it keeps turning but not sure where or why or how). Just that spring is going to be here soon and I wanted to test out my jeep

Jerry All-Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

should be fine, just as long as your intake doesnt go under, if you get a snorkel, which raises your intake to over your hood. after going through deep water, clean out your diff, change oil, tranny fluid, and x case
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
Jerry All-Bran

Makes sense I guess...how long do i have after I hit highwater to clean all that stuff?
Unread 01-26-2005, 05:31 PM   #4
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i usually do it when i get home or my next chance.
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2005, 05:45 PM   #5
Jerry All-Bran

Guess there's more research headed my way heh. Still trying to orient myself with engines and the like ever since I got my jeep. Thanks for your patience!
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #6
94YJ H.O.

Yeah, water is non-compressable....trying letting your engine down a few gulps of it and see all the fun twisty shapes your connecting rods make

My NEW [url="http://www.rigrater.com"]RigRater[/url] Score: 406RRv1.0 with a BOA of 31.60
94YJ H.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 09:13 AM   #7
Jerry All-Bran

Maybe I'll do that, that way I'll have an excuse to buy 6cyl Although I like my 4cyl, won't sink in mud as much as a 6 Those few extra kilos count! heh

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.