whats the consenses on the loudist and most perfomance exhaust for a wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > whats the consenses on the loudist and most perfomance exhaust for a wrangler

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
H2_RECOVERY
1982 CJ8 

whats the consenses on the loudist and most perfomance exhaust for a wrangler

I have a 93 yj 4.0 and i am looking for a ratty sounding exhaust and a little more gain in hp. what is everyones thoughts or experinces and costs for thier systems?

H2_RECOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Loudest and cheapest? Easy, no muffler. Other than that, I doubt anyone here has heard all the options out there, and for sure know one knows what you are looking for. Sound is subjective, hard to type what something sounds like to you. You can get some ideas what loud is, but whether YOU will like it is another story. It's also different on different motors. I had a full Borla system on a '93 4 cyl, header to tail. I swapped in a V6, kept the catback part, and fabbed a new front half. It sounds totally different.
Unread 01-27-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
massyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You probably want to decide what kind of sound you're looking at as well. A loud exaust that lets you easily distinguish the RPMs by tone, that u might stereotypically find on the end of a crx? or more of the 3" flowmasters on my old firebird 5.0. You can hear both from around the block, but they're entirely different sounds. Just my Thoughts. I'd give you my opinion, but I don't know much of anything about mufflers / exaust systems on jeeps. Good Luck. -Matt
massyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
Jerry All-Bran

http://exhaustsoundclips.com/phpbb2...egory&cat_id=81

There are some clips of sounds of exhausts...got it off another jeep forum member, Green I think, anyhow, hope this helps, it did me
Jerry All-Bran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
massyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They have EVERYTHING on the internet. That's awesome.
Unread 01-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #6
projectjeep

my moms 95 with a 2.5L has no cat and a glassback*not cherrybomb* we got from advanced auto....and it sounds awsome
projectjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.