What vehicles have NP231HD? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > What vehicles have NP231HD?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

What vehicles have NP231HD?

Hi, I'm planning to hit the junk yard this weekend to get the 6 gear planetary and wide change parts from a NP231HD. I was wondering if anyone has a list of vehicles and years that came with it to help narrow down my search? Thanks!!!

matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

V8 Dakotas and Ram 1500's used the 231HD, not sure on the years or configurations though. The tag on the back should say "HD" as in "231D HD". The letter after 231 is what the case went into J=Jeep, C=Chevy, D=Dodge.

Here is a link for some better info and other upgrades that apply
LINK
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnicewan View Post
V8 Dakotas and Ram 1500's used the 231HD, not sure on the years or configurations though. The tag on the back should say "HD" as in "231D HD". The letter after 231 is what the case went into J=Jeep, C=Chevy, D=Dodge.

Here is a link for some better info and other upgrades that apply
LINK
Thanks for the link!! That had the info I was looking for.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.