what tranny do i have and where do i get parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > what tranny do i have and where do i get parts?

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
70_s15wagoneer
1970 FSJ Wagoneer 

what tranny do i have and where do i get parts?

i have a 70 jeep wagoneer and need help finding parts for it can anyone tell what trans i have or where i can find out cause im lost lol. the numbers i have found on trans are 70 kj 3920

70_s15wagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
mmerlinn

You never told us whether you have a standard or an automatic nor which motor. Your numbers may or may not help once we know what you have. And any answer you get assumes that no one has changed the transmission since new.
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
70_s15wagoneer
1970 FSJ Wagoneer 

its a 1970 jeep wagoneer with a dauntless 350 its a automatic. i think its a th400 but im not for sure. everything is original only had 2 owners before me a father pasted it done to his son and then i bought it.
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a Buick 350,Turbo 400,model 20 transfer case. ALL EXCELLENT to start with. This is a modern drive train.
What do you need next. The engine and trans are the same as a 70 Buick so parts are very available. In reality a 455 can bolt in. That is one of the most reliable and strongest auto transmissions out there.
All you would need is disk brakes in front to have a super truck.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
70_s15wagoneer
1970 FSJ Wagoneer 

thanks for the info i have already bought a buick 350 to rebuild for a spare and i just got home from junk yard i wasnt able to find the vac modulator adapter but i was able to find a th400 that i could get the shorter shift spool out of so this weekend i should be back up and rolling again. its been a strong ride so far but like u said i do need disc brakes on the front to replace the drums do that will be my next project finding a axle that will swap

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.