What is a rebuildable AMC 360 worth? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > What is a rebuildable AMC 360 worth?

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE KitsKOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 06-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Griffen24
1979 CJ5 

What is a rebuildable AMC 360 worth?

I picked up a parts jeep with a amc 360. I thought about rebuilding it myself and the realized how much work was involved, much more than I can commit to. So I guess I will be letting it go to someone who can. I just don't know what it worth and don't want to be a guy who think my junk is plated in gold. Could anyone tell men what A fair asking price would be.

Griffen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I would pay maybe $200-250 for a core motor. And thats if I really wanted it.
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
LJCRAWLER
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Around here they're worth around 400 if all the accessories are included and it's pulled for you.
LJCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Griffen24
1979 CJ5 

Thanks for the info and help. On the fence now. On one hand I would love to build this motor, in would learn so much and earn the true man card. I would also have a beast of a motor to put into the next build.

On the other hand the rebuild process seems to be very expensive and complicated.

Honest opinions, is it really worth it to rebuild?
Griffen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:12 AM   #5
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffen24 View Post
Thanks for the info and help. On the fence now. On one hand I would love to build this motor, in would learn so much and earn the true man card. I would also have a beast of a motor to put into the next build.

On the other hand the rebuild process seems to be very expensive and complicated.

Honest opinions, is it really worth it to rebuild?
Nope. That motor is not worth what it costs to build. There are far better options out there these days. I know I want to go another route asap.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.