Weird Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Weird Problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

Weird Problem

I'm out in my 2000 Grand Cherokee, I start it and notice my Engine light is on (thinking great now what? I guess ill just take it home) I put it into Drive and it slams into gear like the rpm were high but I was just idling, go to drive and and it has no power like its in a high gear. I get it home and check the code. I get the 0320 and 0700 codes which is crankshaft sensor and transmission communication, I try turning it over it and takes three tries before it refires. After that it now seems to run fine, the engine light turned off after a day but I'm still getting the 0320 and 0700 code.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

SuperStew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Tjdude08

Can't help as to what the problem is but until you clear the codes you will continue to see those codes.
Tjdude08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

Is there a way to clear the codes without having a code scanner?
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Tjdude08

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStew11
Is there a way to clear the codes without having a code scanner?
Any car parts store should be able to. I've had similar problems with my jeep. Cel light came on. Spit codes out then next day dissapeared. Codes didn't but I cleared them
Tjdude08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

Alright will do and see what if anything happens, thanks for the help
Unread 03-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

So it's happened again, went to start it and wouldn't fire just kept cranking, took 6-8 tries and finally fired up. Driving was like it had no guys and found out once it gets to 100Kph, it starts lurching so had to slow down a bit. Could feel the engine as I drove gain and lose power. Does this sound like the Crankshaft sensor dying? Any ideas or help would be great Thanks
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

So time for a update, so I put new fog lights on my WJ last week and the other day coming home midnights I forgot to turn them off. I ended up killing the battery completely, so I jumped it and back to work that night I went. After work go to start it and nothing just keeps cranking over and over. So I decide the CPS has finally bit the bullet, I replaced it yesterday and tried starting it again. Guess what? it just kept on cranking over and not firing. After a little research turns out the WJs like to completely forget how to start when the battery dies. All I had to do was put the pedal to the floor, crank it over and it fired right up, and just had to hold it at a high rev for a minute or so until it could idle on its own.

So now I play the waiting game and see if the new CPS is working fine and that my battery is still healthy enough to keep going

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.