weber choke ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > weber choke ?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-26-2003, 07:03 AM   #1
bodi

weber choke ?

It seems that in the past couple of days my weber choke doesn't work. it takes a few seconds for the jeep to start and then it idles really rough until it gets warm. how do i check to see if the choke is stuck and what should i do?

...so much to learn...so little free time.

83 CJ7 w/remanufactured jasper 258 I6 w/t-5, Weber carb, new exhaust, PS, PB, 2 1/2" Lift, 31" BFG's, herculined interior and s**t brown paint job (for now) "in to deep..but thats when it starts getting fun"
Brown Jeep Club Member #2
bodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2003, 02:48 PM   #2
CJRUSTY

I found that if you step on the gas pedal while starting the engine the vac. pulloff will pull the choke open enough to drop the choke linkage off of the high idle cam .Try starting the engine by stepping on the gas once to set the choke then crank the engine untill it starts. This works with mine a lot better.
CJRUSTY is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.