(Warning Noobie) Axle question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > (Warning Noobie) Axle question

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Das00

(Warning Noobie) Axle question

Hello all,
I just bought my brothers 00 4.0 jeep Cherokee. I got a very good deal on it because he had a tire blow and it screwed up the front axel and lost oil pressure. First off, I have never owned a jeep before, I come form the tuner scene. I got the oil pressure worked out, when the tire blew it put the up control arm bolt through the oil pan which in turn broke the oil pump. Now here is my question. The mounts for the lower control arm is pretty messed up instead of re-welding the bracket i just wanna get a new front axle. What all years and models well be a direct swap? Like i said it a 2000 and im a complete noob .
Thanks in advance!

Das00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Any Cherokee axle will "fit". For reasons that you should research, some years and axle features are less desirable to have. Stop by the Cherokee section of the Forum and read some of the older threads, there is tons of good info, pointers on maintenance, and deatils about repairs and modifications.

You will probably want to find a donor Cherokee that was made between 1990 and 2001. Make sure the ring and pinion gear ratio in the new axle is the same as the axle you are replacing.

If you are planing on lifting the Cherokee try to avoid getting a 2000 or 2001 front axle.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.