Want to eliminate my TJ's center skid plate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Want to eliminate my TJ's center skid plate

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
paul246
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Want to eliminate my TJ's center skid plate

I don't rock crawl and really need to operate my Jeep in deep snow more than anything else. Problem is the skid plate keep scooping and jamming snow up around the transfer case. The snow eventually turns into ice and jams up my 4wd selector.

I know the skid plate is integral as a support for the transfer case. Is there a product available that would allow me to support the T-case and eliminate the skid plate?

paul246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just the crossmember? I don't think any marketed on a stand alone basis. There are a couple belly armor systems (e.g. Savvy Under Armor) that incorporate a new crossmember. You could always contact them and see if they'll sell you just that (and presumably the transmission mount to go with it). Although note that most of those raise things up materially and so that may create other issues you have to be prepared to deal with. For example, makes drive line angles more extreme.

There are few people around here who have built their own crossmember. Might try doing searches in the build threads.
Unread 11-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Build your own crossmember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.