Vibration After Rear Main Seal Replacment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Vibration After Rear Main Seal Replacment

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #1
waterfowlhntr

Vibration After Rear Main Seal Replacment

My 93 YJ was leaking oil. After looking into the YJ threads I found out how easy it is to replace the rear main seal. On Saturday I went for it, and found it pretty easy. After the replacement I drove about 5 miles and noticed a vibration I never felt before. It will happen in or out of gear, and is really noticable at 2000rpm. What did I screw up. I have already taken it back apart to make sure everthing was tight. I have it on the ramps right now prep. to get into it again to check the bearing cap itself. Any feedback would be appreciated.

waterfowlhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Traveller

Did you mark your clutch or torque converter before disassembly? If either of these were bolted back together in a different position than original it could affect the balance.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 08:09 AM   #3
diesel158

Is it standard or auto?
Unread 07-17-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
diesel158

It's on ramps,so you went through the pan,if you did there's a chance you nicked the bearing.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.