Vacuum Leak low uneven idle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Vacuum Leak low uneven idle

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 09-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
vfasburg
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Vacuum Leak low uneven idle

Hi,
So I have a 97 TJ with a 2.5L and manual tranny. I've noticed that lately my idle has been low and a bit uneven, (goes up a bit then down a bit on regular, 1-second or so intervals). I'm pretty sure it is some sort of vacuum problem, because whenever I turn on the fan, the idle goes up a little (but still isn't steady.) Also, sometimes when I'm driving at high RPMS, I lose vacuum and the blower turns off and is replaced with a whirring sound until I slow down or put in the clutch.
I don't know very much about the vacuum system, and I was wondering if anyone could, based on this, give me a good idea of what to check first? Thanks,
~Vince

vfasburg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blower , idle , vacuum , vacuum leak

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.