Is this a Vacuum knob for a locker? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Is this a Vacuum knob for a locker?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Unread 06-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
simspace
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Is this a Vacuum knob for a locker?

I picked up my first Jeep which need work.

Can anyone tell me if this is this a vacuum knob for a locker and how does it work?

Thanks,
Chris

image-1818878046.jpg

simspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
simspace
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I ask this because something is still engaging the front axle. I need to replace the two front U-Joints because they are clanking when I drive. My 4 wheel drive is not engaged so I assume the hubs should not be turning but they are. And this knob seems to have something to do with that. When I turn it all the way counter- clockwise the u-joint clanking seems to stop. But then I have some other awful noise when I turn the steering sharp right.
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
tslroper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

That *looks* like a posi-lok for your front axle. It replaces the vacuum actuated central axle disconnect. When you shift into 4wd you would need to pull out on that to lock the two piece passenger side front axle together. It does not function as a locker.
tslroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
simspace
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ahhh... Okay. Thank you. That helps!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.