U-Joint U-Bolts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > U-Joint U-Bolts?

Advance Adapters SYE Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 03-24-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
witsmok
1993 YJ Wrangler 

U-Joint U-Bolts?

I broke a strap bolt on my rear u-joint ('93 YJ) today on the trail. Luckily I was able to remove the broken bolt and 2 hrs later (Trip to the parts store) we were back on the trail.

I now want to upgrade the weak strap/bolt combo with u-bolts. My understanding is that by drilling out the bolt hole in the pinion yoke u-bolts can be used and are much stronger.

Where do you buy the correct u-bolts for use on the rear u-joint (Dana 35).

Thanks in advance.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Green Jeep Club Member #158[/COLOR]

99 WJ My Wife's Grocery Getter
witsmok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Kerndone
I lack money

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I don't believe it is that easy. I don't think there is enough clearance on the back side of the yoke for the nuts to secure the u-bolt. However, if you can just drill out the yoke on the YJs, then you can get a u-bolt kit from any auto parts store in the "help" section. Its u-joint specific rather than axle specific.

'99 TJ - work in progress...see profile

'08 WK - Silver RME, DD.
Kerndone is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.