Transmisson? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Transmisson?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 03-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
samoedin

Transmisson?

Hey everyone! I have a 2.4L MT 03 tj it's hard to shift to 1st and 2nd gear when it's cold less often when it's warmed up also lately I have been feeling a multiple kicks with 2nd and 3rd on acceleration low speed and last thing is when driving on 4th gear on 40mph sometimes the RPM goes high and back to normal with out effecting the acceleration. I have a bad cat converter and a O2 sensor that I'm replacing soon but would that effect the transmission/performance? Thanks.

samoedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
mmerlinn

No.
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
seattle_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes. Just kidding, no.
seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
samoedin

Lol what is it then?
Unread 03-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a clutch issue, either worn or binding.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
samoedin

I see. Well this is started happening after I put 33" tires! Also the most I can't is 60mph barely keeping it flat on 5th!
Unread 03-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
samoedin

Most I can go is 60mph***
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just reread the op, you say you have a bad cat? Define bad - is it blocked or collapsed? Restriction in the exhaust like that could help to explain the 60mph limit flat in 5th. May have nothing to do with the clutch. If you're replacing the cat anyway because it's bad this may not hurt emmissions so what I am about to say will not be too bad. Drop the cat and poke something through it from inlet to outlet a few times. That will "open it up". If you run better and can hold higher speeds better afterwards you have your answer, after all it's slated for replacement anyway.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
samoedin

I have was getting 420, 141 ,031 and 132error codes. What I did I took out the up stream o2 sensor and drove few blocks then I put back in and then i did a rest by taking out the battery. All codes were cleared. Been driving for 4 hours and I was able to go up to 75mph on 4x4 and no more kicks. I already order the magnaflow 51006 cat and the ntk upper lower sensors I'm just gonna replace them anyways since I have 200k miles on my TJ and see if the will I'm prove performance.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.