Transmission and transfer case problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Transmission and transfer case problems

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Apesteguy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Transmission and transfer case problems

Hi Everyone,
Im new the the forum. I just bought a 97 jeep tj 2.5l 4 cyl automatic. It seems like in the morning when the engine is cold and i put it into drive and try to move it will just rev a bit and not move but then it will go and it seams fine after that. only does it the once. Also when i try to shift from 4low back down to 4 high or 2 high i get snapping and cruching noises. any ideas what might cause these issues?

Apesteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
mike481
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Have you checked your transmission fluid level? What speed are you shifting out of 4lo?

RIP 4-14-2012
mike481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Apesteguy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

the fluid is toped up. and i only shift from 4 low when stopped and in nuetral. I didnt think you could shift from 4 low while moving.
Apesteguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.