Transmission Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Transmission Help

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-04-2001, 04:52 PM   #1
LNDSRK

Transmission Help

Ok this may sound stupid... I was cruising this weekend when I got no response when I shifted into 5th gear. All other gears are working, but nothing when I shift to 5th.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? My best guess is the transmission, but hate to imagine having to fork out for a new one.

If replacement is the only option, what would you recommend? I have a 95 YJ with a 4 banger. Cost is an object so as much as I would love to have a high performance Jeep, my wife would probably string me up.

Also might sound funny, but shifting gears is actually less grinding now that 5th gear is gone...

[url=http://www.novajeepers.com]Northern Virginia Jeepers Association[/url]
LNDSRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2001, 09:53 AM   #2
I-4

sounds like you shelled it in my humble opinion.price around,you might could get the thing rebuilt for a good price.when mine shot craps,i found a local jeep place that offers completely rebuilt trannys.it was cheaper to do the rebuilt tranny(with same warranty as rebuilding mine),than to rebuild the one i had.make sure you check all your options.also fyi,have some extra $ aside(like money grows on trees)you might want to let them do your cluch while they are at it.it's a pain in the butt now,but could save you some money latter if your clutch is questionable.hate to burst your bubble...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.