Transmission Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Transmission Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-04-2001, 03:52 PM   #1
LNDSRK

Transmission Help

Ok this may sound stupid... I was cruising this weekend when I got no response when I shifted into 5th gear. All other gears are working, but nothing when I shift to 5th.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? My best guess is the transmission, but hate to imagine having to fork out for a new one.

If replacement is the only option, what would you recommend? I have a 95 YJ with a 4 banger. Cost is an object so as much as I would love to have a high performance Jeep, my wife would probably string me up.

Also might sound funny, but shifting gears is actually less grinding now that 5th gear is gone...

[url=http://www.novajeepers.com]Northern Virginia Jeepers Association[/url]
LNDSRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2001, 08:53 AM   #2
I-4

sounds like you shelled it in my humble opinion.price around,you might could get the thing rebuilt for a good price.when mine shot craps,i found a local jeep place that offers completely rebuilt trannys.it was cheaper to do the rebuilt tranny(with same warranty as rebuilding mine),than to rebuild the one i had.make sure you check all your options.also fyi,have some extra $ aside(like money grows on trees)you might want to let them do your cluch while they are at it.it's a pain in the butt now,but could save you some money latter if your clutch is questionable.hate to burst your bubble...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.