Transmission/Electrical problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Transmission/Electrical problem

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
kionie7

Transmission/Electrical problem

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee/180-hp, 4.0-liter I-6.

I have been having the worst luck with it. It has electrolysis that goes through the radiator. So I have an extra grounding cable on the engine to help prevent me from going through to many radiators. I still have to replace it every now and then.

The real problem is my transmission, I have replaced it 2 times in the past year. I just put in another one a week ago. The mechanic said he couldn't fix the problem and said it was an electrical problem most likely a bad ground. The Jeep is drive-able but it cant shift properly at all.

I would like to try and find the problem myself, but I just need to know where to start.

kionie7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.