Transfer Issues? Thoughts Greatly Appreciated - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Transfer Issues? Thoughts Greatly Appreciated

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
NathanHoward

Transfer Issues? Thoughts Greatly Appreciated

I own and 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 automatic. It's currently put to rest because it's having some serious driving problems. What's going on is while driving for about 15 mins or so there starts a real bad grinding coming from the transmission/transfer. It slows dramatically and when it occurs it's defiantly in no condition for driving. This happened twice. The first time I reduced speed and notice gear change and still the problem was taking place so I parked it and came back the next day. I started driving and once again after about 15 mins of driving it happened. This time I was going down a hill so I put it in neutral, it countined to grind and slow the motion of the vehicle. Therefore my thoughts are pretty certain that it's to do with the transfer case. If anyone knows anything about this, what's happening or has been involved with this happening to them I would really appreciate a bone thrown. Thanks a ton

NathanHoward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
NathanHoward

Also, if anyone's wondering I am in 2wd while this happens.
NathanHoward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
CanaanTSA5

1998 ZJ 

1. What do you have for a T-Case
2. What's your mileage
3. Is this vehicle stock
4. I6 or V8

Lets just start with those...

Tags
differential , grand cherokee , grinding , tranfer case , transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.