Transfer case yoke - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Transfer case yoke

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
redneck0809
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Transfer case yoke

I got a strange situation. I sent my Jeep out for a so called friend to work on the transmission (5th gear is out) which is a whole different problem.

When I got the Jeep back without any repairs done. I realized I had been robbed of some of my transfer case parts and my front drive shaft had been swapped out.

The yoke coming out of the transfer case had the strap bolts broken off. I removed the yoke so I could order a replacement when I cross referenced the part number it shows to be a REAR yoke. So any suggestions is this possibly correct? or should I replace it with the correct yoke.

Next problem the linkage between the actual shifter and the transfer case is missing. I have searched the internet quite extensively and can NOT find that replacement parts. Any suggestions? I found so that could be made up with the correct measurements but I don't have them for sure. I can measure but I am not sure where the the selector should be located when I measure.

I need help!! Thanks in advance

redneck0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Scooter172
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Your former friend You mean? Right?
Unread 05-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
redneck0809
1994 YJ Wrangler 

exactly scooter and I didn't mention the chrome parts that fell off too
redneck0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
BleepinJeep
1988 XJ Cherokee 

never loan a jeep, the loanee tends to watch too many youtube videos and thinks... I can do that!

A wise man once told me, "I am going to give you some advice; you can take it or leave it, but keep in mind that it is worth exactly what you paid for it"
BleepinJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.