Transfer Case Fluid Concern - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Transfer Case Fluid Concern

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
jroc3

Transfer Case Fluid Concern

I just bought a 94 Renegade, have gone through simple exterior concerns, Plugs, fuel filter,brakes, air filter, oil, grease fittings, ect...get to the transfer case, i read in the manual that it takes 3.25 pints or fill to refusal. i drained the fluid and like a good citizen i collected it, then measured how much came out: 2quarts. I could only get about 3.1 pints back in. Im not typically this anal but, first im curious how they got so much in there and secondly has damage done by previous over filling? My next issue is the gear box, locating the fill plug and advise on how you get to it?

Thank you in advance

jroc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just fill to the fill hole. I normally squeeze a little more in, then put the bolt back in quickly as possible.
If it works fine, leave it alone and worry about other things.
Never bothered saying manual or auto tranny, and I cant be bothered looking up the specs for every rig out there to be honest.
Always put the year, engine and transmission in all posts, so we can help you more.

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.