trans issues need advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > trans issues need advice

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 05-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
mreheisey
2000 TJ Wrangler 

trans issues need advice

I have a 2000 wrangler with the nv3550 in my second and third syncros been bad for two years . Im looking for replacement, found plenty of ax15 wandering if they are interchangable or if i should just buy a reman from jasper. Any advice would help im lost right now

mreheisey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Don't swap in an AX-15 it is not a direct bolt for bolt swap, just have it rebuilt or find a used nv3550. I'm sure someone in your area can get it done at a reasonable rate. $800-$1000 to R&R that transmission is a good price just get a few quotes and check out there service history. You never know what you will get when you buy a jasper part, sure it will have a warranty but will it last.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
mreheisey
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok cool thats actually the best advice i got i guess then i need to find trans shops around the area all the dealers dont want to or have anyone familiar with trans work kind of comical to me but thats the way it is i guess
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:52 AM   #4
mmerlinn

Most transmission shops won't touch a standard transmission.

And most people who do fix standard transmissions work out of their garages as most areas do not have enough standard transmission work to support a storefront repair shop.
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
mreheisey
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok so its just finding a small shop willing to do the work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.