Track bar and death wobble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Track bar and death wobble

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
edgonzo11

Track bar and death wobble

K guys so last night I was working on putting my lift on my 94 zj but I came across a serious issue. I had to unbolt my track bar in the from diff in order to lower the diff so I could compress the spring. The problem is that now the hole to bolt the track bar back to the diff doesn't align with the hole on the track bar itself. So it doesn't reach. I was able to zip tie it but sure I experienced the scary death warble going 60mph. Has anyone had this issue before? Any suggestions?

image-627347611.jpg   image-3280710281.jpg  
edgonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Turn the steering wheel and it will move the axle into place.

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
edgonzo11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbruzan
Turn the steering wheel and it will move the axle into place.
We tried doing that and nothing.
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
ajmorell

You drove it with the front trackbar disconnected? Don't ever do that again. The weight of the vehicle needs to be resting on the tires/ground when you turn the wheel or it won't work.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

2" ratchet strap from axle to frame to locate the axle and set the trac-bar bolt. For example, axle/passenger to frame/driver. Cinch it up until it's where you need it. Adjustable trac-bar would be better so you can center the axle...
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
edgonzo11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan
2" ratchet strap from axle to frame to locate the axle and set the trac-bar bolt. For example, axle/passenger to frame/driver. Cinch it up until it's where you need it. Adjustable trac-bar would be better so you can center the axle...
Can you dummy it down? Lol
Unread 10-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Put one end of the ratchet strap on the frame on the drivers side, attach the other end to the axle, like on the back side of the inner "C", start ratcheting it. It will pull the axle towards the drivers side, and as it does you watch to see when the axle side trac-bar bolt slips through. Might be easier if you have some help, but not completely necessary, if you set the ratchet up so that you're ratcheting from a location where you can watch the holes line up.

You could also use a come-along, but the 2" ratchet strap is much easier. A 1" ratchet strap may not be strong enough, I use a 2" when I do it. Good luck, you'll get it.
Unread 10-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
edgonzo11

Quote:
Put one end of the ratchet strap on the frame on the drivers side, attach the other end to the axle, like on the back side of the inner "C", start ratcheting it. It will pull the axle towards the drivers side, and as it does you watch to see when the axle side trac-bar bolt slips through. Might be easier if you have some help, but not completely necessary, if you set the ratchet up so that you're ratcheting from a location where you can watch the holes line up.

You could also use a come-along, but the 2" ratchet strap is much easier. A 1" ratchet strap may not be strong enough, I use a 2" when I do it. Good luck, you'll get it.
Thanks a lot man. So this means I will not need to buy an adjustable trac-bar or a bracket right?
Unread 10-31-2012, 02:00 AM   #9
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Do you "have" to buy an adjustable trac-bar to get the bolt to line up? Nope. That said, you just lifted your rig, so an adjustable trac-bar is a good thing if you want to center your axle.
Unread 10-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #10
edgonzo11

Quote:
Do you "have" to buy an adjustable trac-bar to get the bolt to line up? Nope. That said, you just lifted your rig, so an adjustable trac-bar is a good thing if you want to center your axle.
Yeah it's just for now until I could actually buy one
Unread 10-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

By the way, welcome to Jeep Forum...
Unread 10-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
edgonzo11

Quote:
By the way, welcome to Jeep Forum...
Thanks a lot guys. I fixed it so Its all good

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.