A Tip About Rich Porter Technology Cam Shaft Synchronizer Installation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > A Tip About Rich Porter Technology Cam Shaft Synchronizer Installation

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 06-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
Tracy1974
2004 TJ Wrangler 

A Tip About Rich Porter Technology Cam Shaft Synchronizer Installation

My old oem camshaft synchronizer had play in it and just couldn't seem to get it in perfect time so I bought a Rich Porter Technology also known as RPT. The new synchronizer came with an alignment cap that when installed completely had the unit in a totally different position as the factory one. And as they failed to include instructions to explain this I went ahead and installed it anyway. Keep in mind the slotted alignment cap will only go on one way. And as I figured it would not start and backfired right away. So I took the cap off and compared the two side by side with oem in sync with pin in the two holes and adjusted the RPT to the same position and installed. By the way the oil pump slot now had to be in the 1:00 position instead of 11:00 position. Installed and fired right up. So if anyone buys one and runs into this senario this is how I solved it.

Tracy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.