Timing chains???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Timing chains????

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 02-10-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
resqjeep

Timing chains????

Anybody used a timing chain recommended for a crank that has been turn 0.010 over? Seen some company's offer a different part number for a 0.010 crank. Mine has been turned 0.010 and didn't want to go with a stock replacement if that is going to cause problems in the future.

resqjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What am I missing here? What does having the crank jounals machined 0.010 under have to do with the timing chain? The undersized bearings don't change the positioning of the crank in any way. Why would there be a special timing chain?
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
resqjeep

Thats what I was thinking too. Thats why I wanted to ask around and see if anyone else knows what is different. I would think that everything would stay the same with the new bearings. I am from the school of thought where if they offer a part number for that there was a reason for it. I just don't know what that reason would be for. Waiting on a email from the manufactor to see. Just curious.
resqjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
gremlinsteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the snout does not get machined. the fit should remain the same as what it was.

steve
gremlinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
mopar408
1974 CJ5 

Gotta remember that one to spring on the "partsman" at AutoZZZZone. He's caught on to Corvair water pumps by now.
Unread 02-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqjeep View Post
...Seen some company's offer a different part number for a 0.010 crank...
Got a link for that chain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar408 View Post
Gotta remember that one to spring on the "partsman" at AutoZZZZone. He's caught on to Corvair water pumps by now.
That's just mean.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.