Throw out bearing failing...should it be covered under drivetrain warranty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Throw out bearing failing...should it be covered under drivetrain warranty?

Steering Y-Link Adapter!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Our Panhard / Trackbar brackets, Variations......

Unread 02-24-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
hunterw0026

Throw out bearing failing...should it be covered under drivetrain warranty?

Hi all,

I have a 2011 two door Wrangler sport that I purchased brand new in March of 2011. Appears from three different friend (not yet gone to mechanic) my throw out bearing is failing.

I want to be educated before I start taking it places and making calls as I do know if not covered this is a big and time consuming job.

This is something I found in my warranty: Transmission: transmission case and all internal
parts; torque converter; drive/flex plate; transmission
range switch; speed sensors; pressure
sensors; transmission control module; bell housing;
oil pan; seals and gaskets for listed components
only.
NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH
PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.

Any thoughts that anyone can give me would be most helpful and VERY APPRECIATED as a single gal!!!

hunterw0026 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterw0026 View Post
NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH
PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
Throw out bearing is not covered by your warranty.
Unread 02-24-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
hunterw0026

Thank you! Any ideas on how much I will be looking at? I saw a few things online that say anywhere from $500 to $1200?
hunterw0026 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If it is in fact the throw out bearing I'd recommend you replace the entire clutch while it is torn down; clutch plate, pressure plate, throw out bearing. The labor is by far the biggest part of the cost and I wouldn't want to pay the labor costs twice by not doing it all now and having the clutch go out later.

Cost? Haven't had anything done by a shop in many years. $1000 +/- for the whole clutch wouldn't surprise me.
$300 for the clutch kit - clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing + $600-700 labor
$50 for the throw out bearing + $500-600 labor

Someone with more recent experience with having shop work done may be able to give you a better estimate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.