Thinking of engine swaping - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Thinking of engine swaping

Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!All our Different Weld Washers!Panhard Parts & Kits from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
broncobrandon

Thinking of engine swaping

OK, here we go. My engine I have in my 97 tj is the 2.5l 4 banger with a whole lot of problems. My first question is should I swap or rebuild. I'd like to get more power and better gas mileage, and make it better for long haul cruising since I'm a marine and do like to go home every once in a while to see friends. If I do the swap what is a better choice, I was wanting to swap to the Gen. 3 GM 5.3l V8 or a newer GM 4.3l both fuel injected of course. My future plans are to swap d44 front and rear 8" lift and 38" super swampers, also for long hauls pull my 14' trailer for my bike. This was to show the stress on the engine and tranny. Thank you.

broncobrandon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.