Teralow or other ID - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Teralow or other ID

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Teralow or other ID

I picked up a 231 that is said to have a lower low range gear set in it and it also has a SYE. It did come out of a 1999 5 speed TJ but I doubt that matters much.
So how would I know if the gear set is really a lower than stock set? Was there other companies that did them other than tera? Would it be 4:1 or was another set available like a 3:1 or???
If it helps the SYE has a flat flange type yoke on the rear rather than the more common U-joint style.

Heres the back story. A friend of mine bought this 99 TJ, it now has a monsterbox? transfercase. This transfercase I have was from the jeep several years ago, but the previous owner wanted 3 stick ability and a stronger unit as well as a bit shorter. Thats basically the story I got.
I do know the previous owner by name only as he is a known name in the oilfield and has a business.

I would like to know if I could use the parts from this x-case in my jeep described below.
Thanks in advance.

Unread 05-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Was the tcase with the teralow from a 4 or 6 cyl TJ? The 4 banger tcase is a 21 spline input and the 6 is a 23 spline.
Unread 05-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It was from a 6 cyl and mine is a 4...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.