t-176 rebuild question second gear snap ring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > t-176 rebuild question second gear snap ring

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
d_wag85cj7
1985 CJ7 

t-176 rebuild question second gear snap ring

im trying to put the trans back together and when im assembling the main shaft i get the 1/2 gear sychro on and then the snap ring, then when i put on second gear and try to put the tabbed thrush washer and snap ring there is not enough room for the snap ring to go in the grove. second gear needs to slide a little farther on the shaft but its against the 1/2 sychro and it seems to be in its place. if anyone has any advice and some pictures of what i might need to do or try i would really appreciate it!

d_wag85cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.