Synthetic Oil - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Synthetic Oil

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
kdrcher

Synthetic Oil

Hi, I am thinking about switching over to synthetic oil in my 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 6 cylinder. I would like to know if there is a process of switching over from conventional oil to synthetic and any first hand accounts on the comparison of synthetic and conventional. Also any recommended brands too. Thanks in advanced,
Krys

kdrcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

There is nothing special about what you need to do. Though I have never confirmed this, some people have noticed slightly more oil consumption from synthetic oil. Synthetic oil lasts longer so if you are not increasing the change interval you're really not getting the full benefit to using synthetic. I don't have a brand to recommend but make sure you are buying is full synthetic or a blend, it will say on the label.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ive done this on all my junk. I like the synthetic because I run longer oil change intervals. 6K vs. 3K. All are 165K or higher mileage. They do not leak or burn any oil. Ive been using 5-40w Rotella T-6 on sale at 20 per gallon but would try others if on sale. Ive done this to my kids cars with the same results. I do lube them at 3k for a little peace of mind.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.