Swapped out the automatic transmission for a manual and now i dont have any spark - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Swapped out the automatic transmission for a manual and now i dont have any spark

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
jmcvay
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Swapped out the automatic transmission for a manual and now i dont have any spark

I have a 1997 TJ and i just swapped in a AX15 transmission. I hooked up all the plugs that i could on the new tranny but there are a couple that there is nowhere to plug them in. When i turn my key on it wont turn over and when i jump the starter with a screwdriver i have no spark Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jmcvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
LaddieHanus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There is a round plug that was on the drivers side of the automatic transmission. This has a wire that tells the computer and starter relay that the trans is in neutral or park to let the starter run. You are going to have to ground it. You will also not have any backup lights as the reverse switch is in the same plug.

And if you have not changed the engine computer to one from a manual transmission you will have a check engine light as there is no torque converter and the computer will throw a code when it tries to lock it up.

The Nss connector wires are

CAVI CIRCUIT I FUNCTION
1 I L1 18VT/BK I BACK-UP LAMP SENSE
2 I T41 18DG/YL I PARK/NEUTRAL POSITION SWITCH SENSE
3 F20 18VT - ~ FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN)

97 TJ Sahara
89 YJ
2000 Dodge/Cummins Lance Camper
2004 GC Limited (Wife Jeep)
LaddieHanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
jmcvay
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Okay I grounded the neutral position sensor wire, and it will turn over now but I still don't have any spark. Any ideas on that?
jmcvay is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.