Superchargers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Superchargers

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-27-2003, 08:50 PM   #1
firejeep33
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Superchargers

just wondering if anyone knows of any superchargers for a 97 2.5L tj

Unread 10-27-2003, 09:47 PM   #2
RubiNoobie

This is the only one I could find Avenger Superchargers http://www.avengersuperchargers.com/Product%20Info.htm Personally I wouldn’t buy one of these there not a “name brand” supercharger theres enough problems with name brand superchargers ex. Overheating keeping lubricated ect. Just go for a engine swap get one at a pick-a-part. You could always use nitrous just for an instant boost but you got to go easy on in.
RubiNoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 09:35 PM   #3
LoOpY

uh oh, can of worms time. Most everything below this post here is gonna consist of "why do people wanna make jeeps fast?" and "just tro a tree fitty in er"

avenger is the only company currently making and sorta forced induction for the jeep 2.5
Ive toyed with the idea of a turbo from a lebaron or from an eagle talon, or even looked at some generic non model specific ones on ebay but decided the time and energy involved in trying to cob somthing together just to have the stock fuel system not accept it is really not worth my effort

but thats just me, g'luck
LoOpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
Devious
Hobo

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoOpY
uh oh, can of worms time. Most everything below this post here is gonna consist of "why do people wanna make jeeps fast?" and "just tro a tree fitty in er"

avenger is the only company currently making and sorta forced induction for the jeep 2.5
Ive toyed with the idea of a turbo from a lebaron or from an eagle talon, or even looked at some generic non model specific ones on ebay but decided the time and energy involved in trying to cob somthing together just to have the stock fuel system not accept it is really not worth my effort

but thats just me, g'luck
Same here. I'll just re-gear and be done with it.
Unread 10-29-2003, 11:13 PM   #5
RubiNoobie

Plug in a leaf blower in ur air tube and but a filter on it!!!! Cheap instant boost!
Unread 10-29-2003, 11:19 PM   #6
Devious
Hobo

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiNoobie
Plug in a leaf blower in ur air tube and but a filter on it!!!! Cheap instant boost!

I was thinkin I could just put alot of stickers on my Jeep and get the same effect
Unread 10-30-2003, 02:22 PM   #7
RubiNoobie

Yep that’s the ricer approach.
Unread 10-30-2003, 08:55 PM   #8
White93YJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiNoobie
Yep that’s the ricer approach.
also, put a grpaefruit shooter, its an instant 15 hp, and cold air intake is also another 10 hp, stickers are only 7, so thats not a good performance part for your jeep, that only works on honda's.
44 Boggers, full cage, keg fuel cell
White93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2003, 10:05 AM   #9
Scootr
2007 JK Wrangler 

Don't forget the muffler with the lit tailpipe that's sound like a duck fart going down the street...oh and must we not forget the big a$$ stupid looking wing that's bigger than the whole vehicle and stands about 3 feet higher than the vehicle does. All these should add all of about 2-3 hp...yes?,lol

[B] 2007 JK "X" 2dr [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Jeep Green[/COLOR],auto, 4.10's, 6 disc Infinity system with sub, 32's w/Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Series 8179 wheels, Smittybilt SRC side bars,Sirius 1 unit, Magellan Maestro 3100 GPS . Former Jeeps...02 and 05 TJ Sports
[COLOR="Red"]SEMPER FI ![/COLOR]
[/B]
Scootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2003, 12:05 PM   #10
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

Well I never wanted a supercharger, but a turbo would be perfect for a Jeep. Especially with the big tires, it'll help at highway speeds.

Then again, I could just do what those guys said, a sticker that says "speed racer performace upgrade speed products" haha

Leaf Blower, haha, funny, then you really could say, "yeah, my Jeep is a straight six with a blower." haha
Unread 11-03-2003, 05:34 AM   #11
MudSlinger420

"why do people wanna make jeeps fast?" and "just tro a tree fitty in er"

Nah man, "just tro a fo hunner in er! Don't forget tha NOS"
9.79@135
http://www.dragtruk.com/PICS/NASZD1V...20031103073425
http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/NASZD1VEL3RY.html
MudSlinger420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2003, 08:53 PM   #12
jeepmor

For the effort your talking about, get a six cylinder model, hop it up with a hesco supercharger, and your breaking dana 30's left and right. Oh yeah, those small 4x4.5 plastic jeep hubs all the wranglers have on them. Seen warn models out live detroit lockers.

An acquaintance with an airfilter/throttle body upgrade on his 95 4 banger wrangler broke one hub, and two, not just one, but two detroit lockers in the Dana35 rear end with warn kit installed.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 06:06 PM   #13
surfzup2k

WTF is up with some of you people? What in the hell about adding horsepower to jeeps make them "rice?" If you have ever been wheeling you would know that the 2.5/4.0/4.2 could use a little extra power in certain situations.

If someone puts a 302/305/350/351/ect... in place of their "weaker engine" does that mean they only want to go faster?

some of you need to get over the TFATF
2" hd shackles
locked 8.8 Rearend
4.56's
cut fender flares
pics... http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289103901
[COLOR=white]White Jeep Club Member #112[/COLOR]
surfzup2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2003, 07:32 AM   #14
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

Hey bud, I'm on your side too, but if this forum isn;t just for wheelin Jeeps, it all Jeeps, including rice Jeeps , so if they want to discuss turbos, superchargers, or whatever, then let them do it by themselves. I'd like to have a tirbo just for the heck of it . But I'd rather get new gears and lockers instead
Unread 11-16-2003, 05:21 PM   #15
doorocks
Web Wheeler

[QUOTE=jeepmor]For the effort your talking about, get a six cylinder model, hop it up with a hesco supercharger, and your breaking dana 30's left and right. Oh yeah, those small 4x4.5 plastic jeep hubs all the wranglers have on them. Seen warn models out live detroit lockers.

An acquaintance with an airfilter/throttle body upgrade on his 95 4 banger wrangler broke one hub, and two, not just one, but two detroit lockers in the Dana35 rear end with warn kit installed.[/QUOTE]

Who would want to lock a d35 anyway? Unless you're doing a Super 35.

RE 3.5 and all kinds of other relevant goodies, you know winch and stuff.

[COLOR=Red][B]Life is like walking into the No Chance Bar full of Future Darwin Stories........[/B][/COLOR]

More mods than a hillbilly's set of teeth..
doorocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.