Super35 Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Super35 Question

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Super35 Question

Super35 question... To start I don't plan on bigger than 33s with this...

But, stock shafts are 27 spline (correct me if I am wrong) and you can get a detriot for the that...

How much strength would I be giving up keeping a 27 spline alloy, instead of a 30 spline alloy?

Reason I am asking is simply to keep the stock shafts as spares if needed...

Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:26 AM   #2
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I personally went with the super35 myself on my old rig. I believe alloy stock splined shafts are a minimal improvement in my opinion. I wheeled it that way for 3 yrs with 35's and had zero problems.
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure on the gain of alloys over stock for the 27 spline shafts. Yes, you will gain some strength, but (for me) not enough to be comfortable with the bigger tires. With that said though, I wheeled my 33's on stock shafts for 2 years with no problems at all...but I think I was an exception to the rule, and also light on the gas.

I then came across a deal for a S35, complete axle with a Detroit, so I grabbed that. I wheeled with the 33's another year, and have been on 35's for about a year as well- no problems to speak of as of yet. The added strength of the bigger shafts has made me more comfortable on the trails, and I've gotten on to the gas pretty hard more than once to get over an obstacle. So far, everything has been great.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cool thanks for the input... I am sure I d35 would be fine with my 32s but I am looking to lock the rear...
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.