Stumbles accelerating from a stop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Stumbles accelerating from a stop?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 12-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Stumbles accelerating from a stop?

Im only asking here on the Jeep forum because I havent gotten a word of bad advice yet, and I cant trust a Camaro forum because their all murderers. A friend of mine just bought an 88' 2.8l V6 Camaro. 78,000 original miles. (200$) seems to work fine so far except when you start off from a dead stop. It stumbles and feels like its about to die and then, like flicking a switch, the power kicks on and it sails nice and smooth. I know this aint a jeep...but any ideas what this could be?

xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Timing vacuum advance. Pull the cap and check the counterweights for the advance see if they are moving together andnot binding. It may be flooding out at the first hit of throttle. Best I got.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.