steering damper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > steering damper

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
babegrl83
1999 XJ Cherokee 

steering damper

My bf was having alot of trouble trying to get the steering damper off my jeep to replace it, so we got on here and read some of your suggestions about getting it off, they were all great suggestions...... My bf though had another idea.. he used a torch and heated it up for about 5 to 10 min. and it loosened it right up and it popped right off using a 1 lb. sledge hammer and about 4 hits. didn't have to take anything off and was probably the easiest thing he has done to the jeep so far.

Last edited by babegrl83; 04-29-2012 at 10:42 AM..
babegrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
neonhomer
1996 ZJ 

When we took the one off my friend's ZJ, we ended up having to heat it with a torch, and then using a 3-jaw pulled to pop it out....
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.0L/42RE/242 - Rebuilt motor w/ Comp cam (4/12), 3.5" Junkyard F>R lift, 31x10.5.x15 M/T's, Spartan Locked D44a, TC & tank skids, F&R adj trackbars, V8 steering arms
Galaxy DX99V CB, 102" SS Whip, Yaesu FT-2900R 2m, Larsen 1/4w mag mount, Sony HU, Massive 3way - F Door, Pioneer 3way - R Doors, MB Quart ONX304 Subs (x2), Lanzar 1600w amp.

"No Matter Where You Go... There You Are."
"Oh me oh my a lovely day is dawning. Oh what a joy I didn't wake up dead. So I can go to work and then resume my yawning, and get my sleep on site instead of in my bed" - Daria Morgendorffer (with my twist)
neonhomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.