Starting Problem! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Starting Problem!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
sstibby
2007 JK Wrangler 

Starting Problem!

I have an 07 wrangler that I bought in February. Had multiple issues already, most recent is it won't start. I brought it back again to where I bought it, and they replaced the starter. I brought it home today, and halfway home the check engine light came on. I turned the jeep off for 10 minutes while I ran inside, and it wouldn't start again. It happened another several times today, I have to put it in neutral to start it which I DO NOT like doing. Any suggestions on what to check before I call the dealer, AGAIN? I also just had the battery tested and it's good. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

** Thought I would add, it only clicks once or twice. Will not turn over. Same thing was happening before the new starter.

Last edited by sstibby; 06-04-2013 at 11:51 PM..
sstibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
maestro89
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Probably the auto shop screwing you over. What happens when it doesn't start? Do you hear noises like a click then nothing or what? It could just be a bad connection somewhere or a bad solenoid
maestro89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

For the starting in neutral only, check the safety switch.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
sstibby
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro89 View Post
Probably the auto shop screwing you over. What happens when it doesn't start? Do you hear noises like a click then nothing or what? It could just be a bad connection somewhere or a bad solenoid
Sorry I didn't respond for almost a month! Been having many other issues now! The dealer initally said it could be the neutral safety switch, but when I told him that it takes up to 8 tries sometimes between park and neutral, he figured he'd replace the ignition switch. Did that on Monday, and same day it still does the same thing. The only sound it makes is a single click. All lights come on, radio, etc. They're currently contacting another dealership to see what the next part to change would be.. I mentioned the solenoid, and they said they replaced that with the starter.
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
sstibby
2007 JK Wrangler 

following up, jeep indicated it's in every gear when i finally got it to start after 10 tries between P and N. It showed "[P] [R] [N] [D]" instead of highlighting one. still convinced in my head it's the NSS, but i ran into a few forums that it can be the WCM? on top of everything, it needs a shift interlock cable, which nobody besides me seems to find it an issue. thoughts??

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.