Stalling issue with my 97 XJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Stalling issue with my 97 XJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #16
XJ-Buzz
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Yes. I will,

XJ-Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
commander0374
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Update on the stalling issue.

1 replaced Crankshaft Position Sensor

2 replaced Battery Temperature Sensor

3 replaced O2 sensor in rear of Catalytic converter.

End result: finally after 9 months of XJ ownership my check engine light is out. No more stalling. No more hard starts. No more rough idle.
commander0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
commander0374
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Also just a helpful hint:

I was changing my CPS and as I was working the top bolt out it fell into the hole for the CPS and took me about an hour to fish it out if the transmission with a magnet.

So here was my solution to make putting the CPS back in, and avoiding this same problem in the future.

I found 2 super tiny O-rings and placed them around the bolt after I inserted them through the holes in the CPS. This serves 2 functions.

1: it kept the bolts in position making it much easier to get them started and ratcheted in.

2: in the future if I have to remove the CPS then I will not have to worry about them falling into the flywheel housing.
commander0374 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.