Stalled while driving - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Stalled while driving

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
Jimh64
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshivers View Post
Check for fuel in the cylinder. If you don't have fuel, it's probably the cps or the ASD relay. If you have fuel, it might be the ignition coil. Ohming out the cps would be the next thing I would do though. The connector is easy to get to, but getting to the sensor and changing it is the hard part.
Dumb question, but how can I check for fuel in the cylinder?

Jimh64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
pshivers
2008 KK Liberty 

With the spark plug out and the engine cranking over, you should be able to smell gas with the air exiting the hole where the spark plug came out of.
pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
Jimh64
1995 ZJ 

ok, so I checked for spark, and no spark. I checked for fuel by pushing in the needle on the pressure relief valve on the fuel rail and I have no fuel at all coming out.

Given those checks and the comments here, I assume it is my CPS. I looked underneath and I did see it way up there. Please tell me there is only one bolt holding it on. I think i can get to the bottom bolt from underneath. I can just barel get my arm up there.

If anyone has any suggestions on getting it out, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
Unread 10-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
Jimh64
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshivers View Post
Check for fuel in the cylinder. If you don't have fuel, it's probably the cps or the ASD relay. If you have fuel, it might be the ignition coil. Ohming out the cps would be the next thing I would do though. The connector is easy to get to, but getting to the sensor and changing it is the hard part.
I have a tester, but I am not sure how to "ohm" out the cps. I know you use the 1st and 3rd pin holes, but what do I set my tester at and what shoud the reading be if it is dead?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.