sputtering when yj warms up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > sputtering when yj warms up

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
zullo
1988 YJ Wrangler 

sputtering when yj warms up

I have a 88 yj 2.5 with no mod's. I am going crazy and the pocket is starting to feel very empty.

When the jeep is cold it runs great. Once the jeep warms up and driving in stop and go traffic it starts to buck, sputter and has no acceleration. If there is less than a half of tank o gas it will happen more often. It will not die and the kicker is, if you cylce the key it runs great for a little while.

When the gas tank is half empty it does it more frequent and quicker. I have done alot of reading and all the ideas I have read for a simular problem, they have not worked.

I have replaced all plugs and made sure the gaps are correct. I replacd the distributor, cap, wires, fuel filter, map sensor, o2 sensor, catalytic converter, checked for any exhaust leaks, replaced manifold gasket, crank sensor, and the idle control valve. I have done so much there may be things I have forgot.

I am thinking its more of an electrical issue not a fuel issue. The reason is when I shut the jeep off for a couple of seconds it will drive like nothing happened for a few minutes or even longer.

Does anyone have an ideas, before I beat my head against the wall or run it into a tree?

zullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
scottieboy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Did you happen to find the issue?
scottieboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.