Sooooo Confused!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Sooooo Confused!!!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 11-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
RobCrombie
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sooooo Confused!!!

So first of all, hello to all! Been a shadow for a while now and finally decided to formally sign up. Anyways my confusion lies with the whole gear issue! There I said it, I am clueless when it comes to gears. Now that being said, I have scoured the limites of this and other boards and still can't get a straight answer. Here it goes. I got a 2012 Wrangler Sport 6 speed, running 295/70r17 nitto m/t on a 4 inch lift. So..... I commute in stop and go traffic in the morning and a clear highway in the afternoon for about 20 miles each way. I do mild off roading here and there and do a little hunting in the mountains. Not much crawling going on. Now what I have found is that 4.10 is king and will get me decent mileage yet still have enough pull on the trails. But, I went in to get a quote and the salesman drops a bomb on me, 4.56. I don't plan on getting anything bigger than 295 anytime soon. The confusion comes with people mainly posting opinions rather than facts. I am lost and would love to maximize the wranglers mpg and power. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RobCrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
KTM31

All I can say with my 35" tires that the 4:56 works great. The gas mileage was not greatly impacted but the performance is great. Although it's not our daily driver we do take out on trips on weekends, frwys to mountains and deserts etc. just adding to debate.

Fight On KTM
KTM31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.