some advise would be much appreciated - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > some advise would be much appreciated

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Nosyarg
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hi guys I'm stretching the front end of my yj 4 inches I have the factory yj springs front springs but today I went and bought and pair of XJ rear springs my question to you guys is what is the best way to stretch the front end and outboard the springs for my Dana 44 axel the reason I am stretching the front is to clear my om 617 engine I have found different threads about each of these but not much on doing both. I would like to see some pictures and get some advice on how to go about this I've already cut the frame and started to fab an extension for the steering box im just not sure how far forward I should mount it. Im planning on moving the rear hanger back 2 inches so I get my desired 4 inches of stretch. One more question ive been considering doing a shackle reverse any advise woukd be awesome.

Nosyarg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.