Snorkel question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Snorkel question

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Shoelessboi
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Snorkel question

Okay so i understand the snorkel hooks to the intake. But i got to thinking. I live in michigan. Winter snowfall would be a mess. Is it bad to run a snorkel in the winter? Or is there a way to make it not be a prob with snow getting sucked down. Thanks!

1991 Jeep Yj. 4cyl. 33x13.50x15 TSL Thornbirds, Super Wader Snorkel, 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Uniden Pro520xl Cb, 1000W Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 Sub.
Shoelessboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This will be my first winter with my jeep with the snorkel installed and I didn't even think about that, Ill just turn the head around. But I have had mud/water splash into the snorkel when I was down in florida and it takes quite a bit to go through all that hose plus the air filter and snow would just melt/evaporate when it gets to the engine bay.
Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Shoelessboi
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I didnt think about it till like the day of me buying it. I figured i'd ask around. Hope for the best. Lol
1991 Jeep Yj. 4cyl. 33x13.50x15 TSL Thornbirds, Super Wader Snorkel, 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Uniden Pro520xl Cb, 1000W Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 Sub.
Shoelessboi is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.