Smog help! VSD / EGR - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Smog help! VSD / EGR

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
BigBlue77

Hi. I have an 80 cherokee Laredo that has the 360. I've followed the vacuum diagram to a tee until I've reached the 'VSD'. I see by the diagram it ties into a tee and goes to the egr valve. HOWEVER, all I have is a vacuum hose at the tee. It goes to nothing. Does anyone know what the VSD looks like and what it does? Thanks

image-294352195.jpg

BigBlue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Is this the bad boy;

Found it here at post #1516;
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/wo.../index102.html

It is a Vacuum Sense Dump valve. I'll bet many 1980's vehicles had them as part of their EGR system.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
BigBlue77

Thank you. I appreciate your help! I was actually able to read up on that. I found this one on eBay. The seller says he tested it and it dumps below 5 inches. I couldn't find the specs so hopefully that's what's it's suppose to do. I'll post after it arrives and let you know how it works out. Not that I may or may not notice a difference! Thanks for taking the time to reply! Adam

image-2189299506.jpg
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
BigBlue77

Ok. So today the part arrived and low and behold it looks exactly like a part already on the Jeep. Yup, in an idiot! ANYWAY,,,apparently I need an EGR TVS.(Thermal vacuum switch) part B on this diagram. Anyone know where to get one or what it looks like in real life? Thanks, Adam

image-3540200080.jpg
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'll get you a bit closer;
Post #12

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ai...parts-1141414/

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Better information post #11;
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ai...sensor-508819/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.