Slip yoke eliminator versus longer yoke - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Slip yoke eliminator versus longer yoke

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #31
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Here is the exact cost breakdown of my SS SYE from JB conversions.
$299 + shipping http://www.jbconversions.com/product..._short_sye.php
so say $330 and you got the sye with the companion flange and thats a 2" pilot

Quote:
$20 CV drive shaft from my local pick and pull out of an '86 Chevy 1 ton pickup
A useless $20 cv shaft from any 86 gm with a saginaw style cv with a 3.125 pilot that you can't do nothing with

Quote:
$50 to have it shortened, trued and rebalanced by my local driveline shop.
$50 wasted on a shaft you can't use because you think you got it from a 86 gm and probably a ford, but you must have had $15 worth of beer already

Quote:
$15 for sodas and chips.
So I am under $400 for my super short slip yoke eliminator kit installed on a Saturday afternoon.
$15 for soda and chips to eat while you can't get the shaft in on saturday or sunday, and monday, tuesday, wednesday $415 later you realize you should have put the pipe down . . . and stop telling people to do things with shafts that won't work from vehicles that won't interchange. Then the other issue are that those shafts do not offer all that much angle either.

You are such a help in afro engineering and how to do it all wrong

Quote:
As seen in UA 2006...
http://www.fourwheeler.com/ultimate-.../photo-11.html If you watch the DVD you can see my soft driving style... When I went over the 36" log had I still had a SY, the housing would have busted again when the driveshaft hit the log.
A smart person would not go over something that could contact a important piece of needed driveline equipment.
See when i go off-roading if you break either shaft YOU aren't getting out, so you learn to use your eyes and brain to choose a line that doesn't cause you to be stuck and or playing outback behind a shanty afro engineer on a trail in everyone else's way

Again for the last damn time, no gm ever used a 2" pilot so getting the sye with a companion flange makes your idea useless.
The only gm's that ever used a 1310 centering yoke were the rare 70's with a np205 ...

Stop telling people misinformation, i'll give you credit there atleast you are keeping the internet true with further misinformation for people to believe.

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #32
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram View Post

Better than TV
Get him, a camera crew in my shop , a jeep and youll piss yourself , the best , informative , funny , show you have ever seen.
I might even use a standin acting.as him using his logic and do a YouTube segment

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.